The #Babishai2016 Poetry Festival, 24 to 26 August 2016 at Maria’s Place in Ntinda, opposite Froebel stage, near Victory City Church
The Babishai 2016 Poetry Festival is scheduled to take place from 24 to 26 August at Maria’s Place in Ntinda, opposite Froebel stage, near Victory City Church. The main theme of the festival is Abundance: Poetry From Contemporary Africa. There are six sub-themes mainly:-
- Does poetry from Africa need a definition and how does that impact its production?
- The extension of poetry and the sustainability of relationships with artists and the corporate world
- If poetry exists everywhere, why do so many people say that they don’t understand it?
- When and how does a poem become a poem?
- The co-existence of political and personal freedom and bondage
- Teaching poetry to children and the question of age-appropriate poetry and its accessibility
The festival will begin at 9:00am daily and end at 5:00pm.
Entry fee is 5,000/- daily for adults and free for children.