“We are looking forward to Africa themed haiku i.e. haiku about African sights and sounds. Haiku must contain clear images, settings and juxtaposition. Haiku must be concise; three lines each.
· It is open to ALL African poets (LIVING IN AFRICA), who will not have published a full-length collection of poetry by July 2017
· Submissions should be original, in English. Submit using Times New Roman, single-spaced and size 12.
· Send three Haikus to firstname.lastname@example.org as a word attachment. DO NOT include your name or contact details on the haiku itself
· The subject line should read, #BABISHAIKU2017
· Include your name, email address, country or birth and country of permanent residence, telephone number and the titles of your haikus in the body of the email
· The submissions will be accepted from April 13th 2017 to July 4th 2017
· The 2016 winners are not eligible to apply
· The short-list will be announced in mid-July 2017
· More details on the face book page, Babishai Niwe Poetry Foundation, on Twitter @BNPoetryAward and the website, www.babishainiwe.com
· The top three winners will receive 200 USD each and receive publication in the Mamba Haiku journal;
The chief judge of the #Babishaiku 2017 Competition is:-
Adjei Agyei-Baah is the co-founder of Africa Haiku Network and the co-editor of the Mamba Journal, Africa’s international haiku voice. He promotes haiku in Africa and as well serve as a haiku teacher and consultant for several schools and institutions in Ghana. He is the author of “Afriku” published by Red Moon Press, 2016 and a winner of several international haiku awards.
This Babishai Haiku 2017 award is proudly sponsored by:-